Followers

Sunday 3 February 2013

Arrows



I was reading a great book by Jared Diamond
called "The World Until Yesterday" and
he spoke about a tribe that traded arrows
to convey solidarity between members.  It
lead to this craft idea!  Making the clay
arrow heads was the hardest part.  It made me
think about the skill involved in making
functional pieces.  Thank goodness they
are purely decorative or I would have
gone hungry in the woods...
To display them, I inserted tiny eye
screws and hung them with curtain
clips.
I tried to make the colour combinations
as wild as I could.  I used felt, wool, and
washi tape.  The wood dowel I used
were precut from a package.  They
were pretty time consuming to make,
but also very satisfying.  If anyone wants
to make arrows to trade, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment