Followers

Sunday 18 November 2012

In a Christmas mood!

I've been getting into the Christmas mood early this year, maybe because I'm in denial of my birthday... I've been 
inspired and motivated by things I've seen online, in stores, and by my creative friend CJ!  This advent calendar
is a Kaisercraft kit I bought at Spotlight.
Once I built it, I kinda got bored halfway through. It turned out good in the end!




This wreath was fun to make!  I 
wrapped the whole thing in green
raffia, then got some cute ribbon
going around it. I had saved some
wood snowflakes from last year
to decorate the bottom.

I have a giant pile of colourful
felt that was begging to be made
into stuffies!  These two kitties
were easy to make.  I just cut out a pattern made from scratch, embroidered the eyes and face, sewed them together, and stuffed em'!


This little creature was inspired
by the Bjork video for Human
Behaviour.  Cute little man eating
bear!

These are just styrofoam shapes wrapped in colourful yarn.  As I wrapped them, I spread some Tacky craft glue underneath to keep it on.  The tree was far easier than the mini wreath. Then i got some sparkly sequins and pinned them on, secured with a seed bead.






This little tree is a mini foam cone
layered with small leaf shaped felt 
cut outs.  I pinned them on with 
sequin pins.  Then I got the clear
glitter glue out to decorate.


My friend CJ showed me how to make
this simple little decoration.  You punch
out a contrasting shape of each colour with a scalloped circle punch, fold each circle in half, then glue it all together. The colour combinations are endless!






I've been obsessed with peppermint 
candy swirls lately, so I have to make
these!  They are painted onto a 
chip board circle, then glittered up!
The painting took a long time because 
I stupidly painted white on red, ha!










I made so many of these! I 
couldn't stop!  They can be every
day decorations, for birthdays, 
or any occasion. Ahhh, I have 
a week off coming up so stay
tuned for more craftiness!

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome Shell!!! You inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really loved looking at your work. We have both just looked at all your amazing creatioons here. So glad you are enjoying yourself!
    Hugs
    Penny & Barbara

    ReplyDelete